A graduate of the Brimmer and May School in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, Meg was educated at San José State University (copyediting, marketing high-tech products), Mission-WestValley College (AA degree), Ventura College (data processing courses), and Bryn Mawr College (German and Russian). She resides with her husband, Maurice, in Santa Clara, California, where she is an active member of the local Chamber of Commerce. She served on the school site council at Cabrillo Middle School, was president of the Wilcox High School PTA, let herself be “locked behind bars” raising “bail” for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and is a longtime participant in the Women’s Health Initiative. She has also volunteered with the International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA) and worked with Laubach Literacy (Ventura County).
American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers, Inc. (AAERT)
The American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers provides education and certification for professionals engaged in digital reporting, transcribing, and associated roles. AAERT offers networking opportunities for its members and promotes public awareness about the value of digital reporting.
Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce
Immediate past chair and current vice chair of The Winners’ Circle Connection Club
Website copyright ©2000-2015 Meg Dastrup’s Word Power Plus. All rights reserved.
This site was built by Palay Marketing
We guarantee our work. If you are dissatisfied with the transcript we have prepared for you, you don't pay for it. It’s that simple.
Just let us know in writing within five (5) business days from the time you receive the transcript, precisely and in detail (page numbers and examples), exactly what it is that you find unacceptable.
That’s all there is to it. We will issue you a credit or return your money within ten (10) business days.
Has been owned and operated by Margaret (Meg) Dastrup, facilitator and Grammar Gadfly®, for more than 30 years, with a team that includes Media Frontier Video Productions as well as several trusted U.S.-based transcription professionals.
Before we give you your transcript, we subject it to a rigorous three-step Quality Control Process. This process is built into our hourly rate. You do not pay extra for it.
1. Spelling: We spell check your material to the extent possible and then research the spelling of proper names using online resources.
2. Proofing with sound: Time permitting, we listen a second time to your material while reading the transcript on-screen. During this QC phase, we check the formatting, speaker IDs, dates, and are on the alert for omitted or transposed words and incorrect homophones -- discrete v. discreet, for example.
3. Research: You deserve an accurate transcript. That means we strive to make sure even names–people, companies, cities, products and processes, etc.–are spelled correctly. The longer we work with you, of course, the more familiar we’ll become with the special vocabulary or “jargon” of your particular industry / area of expertise.
4. Storage of your transcript as well as your audio and/or video files for at least three (3) months unless you ask us to delete them.
5. Return of your media (CDs, DVDs, tape cassettes) via USPS Priority Mail.